Saturday, December 6, 2014

Why I'll Never Need Therapy

This is dedicated to all the people who put up with me on a day to day basis. 

I don't cry. No really. I never do. This week more people have seen me cry than I ever wanted to. (I sincerely apologize that I cannot control my raging emotions at the moment guys). But it made me realize that even though I am 3000 miles from my family, I am surrounded by family. People I am comfortable letting go around. And it feels so good.


Let me introduce you to my Tropics family. What started out as a huge struggle; making friends with people who had known each other forever, learning a new skill I struggled with daily, fitting into an environment I was so uncomfortable in. It took time. But now I can't imagine my life without my coworkers.




I sit at my bar laughing with these people until the sun comes up. I recently started crying at that bar until the sun comes up as well. And I am overwhelmed with love every time I have a breakdown. Hugs and jokes and words of advice. I could spend hours on end with my Tropics fam, working hard and hardly working. (Sacarra, we're best at hardly working eh?)



8 hour shifts turn into 5 more hours of playing, drinking, laughing, and bonding. If we were allowed to move our beds in there.... we would say F that and never do it (that almost went too far). But really. We live there.


And don't even get me started on Jenifer. My sweet sweet best friend Jenifer Mai. She knows my ins and outs. She knows what I'm thinking before I even say a word. Our laughs and adventures and moments together on this island have made Hawaii feel like my true home. I love her to the moon a million times over and I could never express enough how grateful I am that she took care of me on one very bad, pukey night and became my instant best friend. 

Patron, you are no longer my friend, but you brought me to Jen and for that I love you. 


Kailey. My darling Kailey who has been through SO MUCH. Much more than I will ever know or understand and still goes out of her way to drop her problems and help me through mine. We talk on the phone 5 times a week. If we go one whole day without a text message we make up for it with 400 more the next day. When we are together we terrorize the world. (Beware Oahu: December 30th). She is the truest friend and wildest human being.




Shout out to craigslist for giving me three non-axe murderer roommates. Remember I said I think every person on the planet is a murderer? I moved into a house with people I never met in my life. And hey! Turns out they are my soul mates. I don't even have to leave my house or put pants on. I can just go snuggle up to one of these three psycho girls and next thing you know the four of us are spooning watching Vampire Diaries and talking the whole time and not listening to the show (mostly Monet). Craigslist, I appreciate you. Monet, Miranda, and Corisa are the best friends a girl could ever find on the internet.


Last, but not least. My heart, my soul, my other half, my sweet baby sister, Hannah. To be so far away from her is the hardest thing I deal with on a daily basis. She is more sarcastic, witty, funny, smart, and awesome than I will ever be. She has my back 24/7 and I would absolutely die if I ever had to live in a world where she doesn't exist. Her sassy attitude makes me the proudest sister on the planet and I cannot wait to reunite and gang up on my sweet, precious mommy together. (Sorry forever mom).

There are so many more people in my life that I love and appreciate, I couldn't ever fit them all in here. They are the best support system, the best at peer pressure, the best at advice, the best friends and home-away-from-home family I could ever ask for.

They love me for the stupid idiot I am. They accept me (unlike some people cough cough ex boyfriend) for the immature child I love to be. And they talk shit about said boyfriend with me to make me feel better about being single as f*** again.

Thank you for always being there for me even when I'm being an asshole. Thanks for putting up with my attitude. And thanks for encouraging me to blog about my stupid feelings that I have forever struggled with dealing with on my own. 

Who needs therapy when I have these guys?

xo, Tatum

No comments:

Post a Comment